The Art of Wushu: Taking all comers with Shaolin boxing

Discussion in 'Gaming News' started by Massively, Dec 7, 2013.

By Massively on Dec 7, 2013 at 6:24 PM
  1. Massively Member

Filed under: Historical, Classes, PvP, Opinion, Free-to-Play, Guides, Age of Wushu, The Art of Wushu, MMORPG

[​IMG]
    Of all of the fighting styles in Age of Wushu, Shaolin Long Boxing is the one I hate the most. It has no counters or easy answers. In a close-combat fight, Long Boxing is unmatched. The only real option is to run away, and in the narrow confines of a duel arena, even that option is limited.

However, I don't dislike Long Boxing because it's the best. There has to be a "best" style, though that can be obfuscated a bit with counters (which is the case for many other top-tier styles). The reason I hate it is that it has no counterplay. Even if you understand exactly what your opponent will do next with Long Boxing, there are only a tiny handful of style-specific answers if your opponent just follows a basic flowchart. Everyone else just loses. It's really that frustrating.
    Continue reading The Art of Wushu: Taking all comers with Shaolin boxing

[​IMG]
    The Art of Wushu: Taking all comers with Shaolin boxing originally appeared on Massively on Wed, 04 Dec 2013 18:00:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

Continue reading...

Comments

Discussion in 'Gaming News' started by Massively, Dec 7, 2013.