The music thread.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mephiston, Aug 18, 2010.

1. Gedwyn A more canadian Cedwyn

Yeah liking Sonic Highways a lot, but I'm a little biased - pretty huge Foo's fan.

Going to see these guys and gal tonite. Love the energy on their album.

El Topo likes this.
  2. Gedwyn A more canadian Cedwyn

I guess I killed the thread with the Post Hardcore stuff. Kk...I will try to keep it a little more palatable :p
    (and in case you were wondering - and you probably weren't - the Marmozets were incredible live)

Been revisiting stuff lately...and digging thru Oasis. Great band imo - and a band I've kind of forgotten about, so I've gone about reminding myself.

El Topo likes this.
  3. Flo Inactive Chapter Member

When I'm in a hipster duel, and sharing awesome lesser known musicians with folks, sElf is my go to band. You can think of him as a mix of Prince, Beck, and his own unique spin. Kinda weird, electronic/pop rock, but brilliant songwriting. Matt Mahaffery is the brains behind it, and he's been on the brink of getting "big" with sElf for nearly 20 years. So he's actually made his living doing jingles (expedia... DOT COMMM. Yeah that's the dude.), production work for other musicians, scoring for animations, and doing songs for stuff like Shrek, etc. He's the 'well known in the industry, unknown outside it', kinda guy.

He went nearly a decade without putting out sElf music (his brother who he worked with passed away from cancer..) and I've been thrilled to see him back doing stuff.

Here's a cute video he did for his recent song Runaway:

Cannon is a great oldie of theirs:

Just love his work as they're always so refreshingly original. He did a great TEDX talk a while ago talking about songwriting, check it out!

you might recognize him from this little viral video.. :p

Last edited: Apr 28, 2015
    El Topo likes this.
  4. Torric Lord

Yes it just happened. I linked a song with Justin Bieber in it and no, I don't give a *&%#.

El Topo likes this.
  5. El Topo Lord

I saw a movie called The Guest that has a great soundtrack, so I thought I'd share some of the songs here. It has a great 80's vibe.

Last edited: May 2, 2015
  6. Dozel Member

7. Torric Lord

Lightdark likes this.
  8. Party Music/drinking music

9. Torric Lord

Damn, Hud Mo's killing it.

10. Gedwyn A more canadian Cedwyn

11. Torric Lord

12. Gedwyn A more canadian Cedwyn

Happy 4th to y'all south of the border. Play safe!

13. Torric Lord

#chillmood

14. Dozel Member

15. Torric Lord

I'm glad I find this guy when I did. Better late than never.