The TV Shows Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Solus, Jul 19, 2009.

1. Cedwyn Banned

Boardwalk Empire is fucking awesome. Also Walking Dead was pretty good, though I noticed some fairly poor cg.

2. The only zombie shit i watch lately is some brighthouse on demand animu ^^> called HOT DEAD. Gratuitious panty shots, big tittied nurse, and some fat nerd with a nail gun who thinks he's in an FPS.

Basically zombies walk the earth, a buncha highschool kids survive and try to do I don't know what yet because I've only seen 3 episodes. I'm sure it'll be dumb, but its got zombies, blood, and animated titty jiggling. So yeah.

3. Garthilk General Badass

Yeah, not bad. A few gaffs the first episode and obvious overlooks on the realism note, but fair I guess.

4. Solus Lord

Still haven't caught Boardwalk Empire, but now that Burn Notice has wrapped up, I might check it out. Also, I stumbled across this which might be decent: http://www.makinggameofthrones.com/. Premiers April 2011....

Looks like it could be another big budget TV show like Rome though...and while that was one of my favorites while it was around, it didn't last long due to production costs.

5. Elpis Banned

Boardwalk Empire is not bad, I feel it is slow at times. Nice classic feel.

I am looking forward to Game of Thrones. I think I posted it awhile back too. Looks cool :)

6. The books were fantastic! I just wish the fat fuck that wrote them would get off his ass and finish his goddam series instead of waiting to die and having his son write it!

7. Elpis Banned

lol I did buy one of the books, but have not read it yet. They sounded really good.

8. Rome has to be the best series I've ever watched. It's sucks they ran out of money making it and cut it short to 2 seasons. That said, Thrones looks really good and I'm looking forward to watching it - seems like it has one of the guys from Lord of the Rings in it.

I'm also looking forward to Shameless coming out next month and Californication starting back up.

9. Love George Martin definitely my favorite books but yea lol I have to second this:

10. Elpis Banned

11. Woo <3 spartacus, lots of cocknballs <3

also, is your link to youtube suppose to have a period between the u & b. Just curious if it's a new youtube site i haven't seen or a random typo

12. Elpis Banned

mmmhmm ;P

No it is a option on the youtube site to use a short url when you select share. That is the link it gives.

13. good to know, thanks

14. Bortak New Member

Game of Thrones

Anyone check this out yet? Season Premiere was lastnite. Looks like it going to be a great series.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/PZ5p18wIQEI" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="390" width="640"></iframe>

15. Likort Destroyer of Forum Trolls

Re: Game of Thrones

yup, just scroll up a bit, and thanks for the heads up

some series I haven't seen mentioned yet:

Mad Men
    Damages
    The Ricky Gervais Show

16. Game of Thrones premiere was great! Very close to the book which is awesome!

If you havent read them, you should!

17. Garthilk General Badass

The Game of Thrones (HBO)

I never read the books before watching the TV series. Now I'm reading the books. So far the series is really, really good. The T&A isn't over the top. The show reminds me of the Sopranos set in a fantasy dark age, but with more families duking it out. Anyone else enjoying it?

18. Re: The Game of Thrones (HBO)

I think it's in the TV Shows thread already. The show is awesome, the books are amazing and George RR Martin is a douche that is trying to draw out his writing so his son can take over the books.

19. Garthilk General Badass

Re: The Game of Thrones (HBO)

F me where is that thread...

20. Solus Lord

Re: The Game of Thrones (HBO)

Been streaming MI-5 / Spooks on Netflix lately. Good show.