Tips and Tricks!

Discussion in 'Overwatch' started by Soulshox, May 24, 2016.

1. Soulshox Lord

Here are some of my favourite discovered and read tips and tricks from the web:

1) Kill the support - They are usually squishy but can sustain a team. I found heroes that can get behind the enemy team to be best at this. e.g. Reaper

2) Several characters have weapons that can penetrate through shields like Symmetra, Reinhardt, Winston, and Zarya. - This i did not know but extremly useful information.

3) You can deploy sheilds/turrents/Bastion on the payload - It's great for keeping it moving while defending. However be wary that you can be a sitting duck on something that moves in a predictable path.

4) Don't get stuck to a single hero!
    - Far too many players are selecting characters they like and want to play, with no regard for team composition or map strategy. Look for synergies and counters to give your team an edge, and never be inflexible when it comes to changing heroes. Somethign i need to work on when it comes to support heroes

5) You hear sounds from your enemies more prominently than those of your allies - As visually cluttered and confusing as Overwatch can be, it's important to maximize use of your secondary sense -- sound. Pay attention to audio cues to know when an enemy is nearby. This gives attentive and careful players a distinct advantage.

6) Play the objective - This is not Team Death match and nobody can see your kill/death ratio. Play the objective and win to get bonus XP for those loot boxes!

7) Know when to use an Ultimate - Just because its charged doesn't mean you should use it straight away. Wait for an opportune moment. For example, i was able to get positioned in the middle of enemy team as Reaper and Death Blossom, while Zaltex used his gravity well ultimate to pull them in to clear the entire area.

8) Communicate Important Information - Sitting in a channel silently playing in a team is pointless. Communicate Enemy postions, turret locations, enemy sniper etc. The more information someone has the less chance of the enemy holding an area there is.

9) Don't play the blame game - Sometimes you win as a team and sometimes you lose. Evaluate what went wrong and try something different. Don't start blaming individuals. Always have fun, when you lose nobody physically comes and punchs you in the NADS.

10) Know what each Heroe can do! - As Mobas, knowing what each Hero is capable of helps you counter and predict the enemy Heroes. The best way i found of doing is this is simply playing each character, even if you don't excel with them. Learning through practical experiance!

Last edited: May 24, 2016
    Valor likes this.
  2. Sanjo Mr. No Fucks Given

Good list, SS.

I know I spent 1/2 the night learning what the other heroes ultimates were - by dying from them, lol...

Gotta listen for those voice / audio ques.

I thought I had relatively good improvement over the night just in finding out what heroes I could play well enough.

3. Iseng Warlord

Lies sanjo your too old and slow for a game like this ;)

4. Sanjo Mr. No Fucks Given

Why do you think I played support classes all night! :)

There's still plenty of mountain dew code red in my veins!

5. Iseng Warlord

Haha I'll try to get a few games in with you tonight so I can abuse you then

6. Valor Buffalo Rancher

Great list Soulsshox!

These are all fantastic for anyone learning the game and even folks who've been playing for a while need to be reminded about a few of them too!

7. Soulshox Lord

I found number 2 to be really interesting about sheild pen.

8. Valor Buffalo Rancher

[​IMG]

Sanjo likes this.
  9. Valor Buffalo Rancher

10. Soulshox Lord

Sanjo likes this.
  11. Sanjo Mr. No Fucks Given

Good stuff - I didn't know most of that, ,lol.

12. Sanjo Mr. No Fucks Given

This - I want to do this tonight, lol... That is so fucking wrong.

13. Soulshox Lord

Yeah i've already used the hanzo tip and also the reinheirt - flash sheild trick. Got to be careful though if going from the front to avoid the charge

14. Furyos Warlord

The junk rat move is dope