Uthgarde DAoC Server relaunch Jan 6th

Discussion in 'MMORPG and CORPG Gaming Discussions' started by Evoex, Jan 2, 2017.

1. Evoex Maple Syrup & Dudes

Ive heard the most popular DAoC private server will relaunch this Friday.

@Glisseal

2. Glisseal Lord

Bah screw that server. I played the beta for 2 months. The patch they are putting in will let the Mids steam roll evryone. We told them that Mythic put in several tweeks to make the patch competitive but they would not budge from the original patch. Then they even nerfed the Hibs drops on some of the Cursed forest named drops.

I will say that they have a more stable server than the Genisis/Origins server. Also the time to level to 50 is horribly too long....too dam long for gamers nowadays. Soo long that they will not have enough classes to fill in the gaps when the population is too low.

3. Glisseal Lord

I've been back on live for about a month and a half.

4. Evoex Maple Syrup & Dudes

Oh yeah? That's too bad..

5. Glisseal Lord

OK OK I'm back on Uthgard because Daoc live has decided to Alpha/Beta test for the next 6 months to revamp all the classes. Long story short LIVE released a patch over the holidays that was not tested very well and let it go live. Horrible patch! 5 hot fixes to the patch and counting.

Joined a guild called Blood Feud on Hib/Uthgard that i did some time with during Beta/Uthgard. Oh and Mids have all the Keeps on Uthgard btw.......man i love playing underdogs!

Evoex likes this.
  6. Ohai Inactive Chapter Member

im on Uthgard too, i started on alb 50 theurgist 45 pala 43 scout
    just switched to hib though 20 enchanter so far
    4k simultaneous players online is pretty epic i gotta say

7. Ohai Inactive Chapter Member

oh and hi, sorry havent been around for so long :p

Evoex likes this.
  8. Evoex Maple Syrup & Dudes

Good to see you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Dozel Member

i love DaoC. too bad Ywain is so inactive compared to the old days.

for me to try this there would have to be good population and decent progress

10. Vengeance Member

50 necromancer or 41 minstrel on alb. Name is drain life or jammin.

And to add mid is no longer in charge it is hib. I think this will keep changing and there is always tons of rvr.

11. Glisseal Lord

Hib has all the relic's but Mid's still have the numbers make no mistake about that. Apparently mids have alot of bickering going on and can't get organized. Although once hib casters start getting some RR we will be hard to stop.

I been off work for a hip replacement and having a blast because of all the play time i have being at home. I have been playing 30+ hours a week.

Vengeance and Evoex like this.
  12. Vengeance Member

Yeah there is tons of rvr. I just to finish leveling my minstrel. Pain trying to find groups on alb.

Evoex likes this.
  13. Xpade Member

Any decent 8v8's going on, or kinda really realm vs realm fights? I miss the old 8v8's... I would roll a toon if there was a group of 6-10 running some dedicated groups... I had always played support types. Hib = Bard/Druid Alb = Paly/Cleric/CC Sorc Mid= Healer (buff spec'd)/Skald. Not sure if the official servers or a privately run system would be better right now... I have accounts on official servers, but forgot password... and SW to the "parent" account... the associated accounts I know, but they won't open up the main account to me :( . Locked out of my RR11 bard, RR9 Druid, RR10 Paladin. I even have saved emails from Mythic/EA from when I had an account issue and they fixed it all... sad I have correspondence for my account(s), but not PW/SW

14. Xpade Member

:O .... so.. got access to most of my accounts... I know for a fact I have my RR11 Bard at least.. not sure what account my paladin was on or what was on what. Let me know if there is any specific class/realm or server I should transfer too. I'll hold off on activating any accounts till I know what people are up to. I have a slew of RR5 to RR8 characters.. not sure what a high RR is considered any more, but when I was active, those were run-of-the-mill RR's.

@Glisseal @Vengeance

15. Xpade Member

And totally made an Uthgard character just to mess around and re-familiarize if you all are playing there instead.

16. Glisseal Lord

It will take you about 30-40 days to hit 50

17. Xpade Member

Possibly.. at least i got to lvl 22 on my first day playing :D I rolled a bard.... let me know if that's bad.. Pretty decent at barding, had a RR11 before Warhammer came out.

18. Ohai Inactive Chapter Member

i got to 50 on Hib in a week with my latest toon, havent played Uthgard since but if you guys get a grp going let me know

19. Xpade Member

Come PL ME! Being a bard is so much in waves... build a grp, it rolls fast.. when you don't have a group... can't do shite.

20. Xpade Member

@Glisseal , you still in blood fued? see them around a lot