which tarot card are you?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dagnasti, Jul 8, 2008.

1. Cedwyn Banned

[​IMG]

You are The Sun

Happiness, Content, Joy.

The meanings for the Sun are fairly simple and consistent.

Young, healthy, new, fresh. The brain is working, things that were muddled come clear, everything falls into place, and everything seems to go your way.

The Sun is ruled by the Sun, of course. This is the light that comes after the long dark night, Apollo to the Moon's Diana. A positive card, it promises you your day in the sun. Glory, gain, triumph, pleasure, truth, success. As the moon symbolized inspiration from the unconscious, from dreams, this card symbolizes discoveries made fully consciousness and wide awake. You have an understanding and enjoyment of science and math, beautifully constructed music, carefully reasoned philosophy. It is a card of intellect, clarity of mind, and feelings of youthful energy.

I knew I was smarter than all of you.

2. dantel Banned

[​IMG]

You are the Hanged Man
    Self-sacrifice, Sacrifice, Devotion, Bound.

With the Hanged man there is often a sense of fatalism, waiting for something to happen. Or a fear of loss from a situation, rather than gain.

The Hanged Man is perhaps the most fascinating card in the deck. It reflects the story of Odin who offered himself as a sacrifice in order to gain knowledge. Hanging from the world tree, wounded by a spear, given no bread or mead, he hung for nine days. On the last day, he saw on the ground runes that had fallen from the tree, understood their meaning, and, coming down, scooped them up for his own. All knowledge is to be found in these runes.

The Hanged Man, in similar fashion, is a card about suspension, not life or death. It signifies selflessness, sacrifice and prophecy. You make yourself vulnerable and in doing so, gain illumination. You see the world differently, with almost mystical insights.

3. Verm Lord

[​IMG]

You are The Hierophant (Heavenly Master)

Divine Wisdom. Manifestation. Explanation. Teaching.

All things relating to education, patience, help from superiors.The Hierophant is often considered to be a Guardian Angel.

The Hierophant's purpose is to bring the spiritual down to Earth. Where the High Priestess between her two pillars deals with realms beyond this Earth, the Hierophant (or High Priest) deals with worldly problems. He is well suited to do this because he strives to create harmony and peace in the midst of a crisis. The Hierophant's only problem is that he can be stubborn and hidebound. At his best, he is wise and soothing, at his worst, he is an unbending traditionalist.

4. Dagnasti New Member

I hate you all :p

5. Drakkul Banned

Dantel your cards meaning is set in a nice way it really means your a fucking sucker!

6. Gaunsaku Chill Dude

No, I really got that. I had to try to get something else, and that something else is:

[​IMG]

You are The Fool

The Fool is the card of infinite possibilities. The bag on the staff indicates that he has all he need to do or be anything he wants, he has only to stop and unpack. He is on his way to a brand new beginning. But the card carries a little bark of warning as well. Stop daydreaming and fantasising and watch your step, lest you fall and end up looking the fool.[/b]

There is much truth about me in that card as well. Between this and the magician I couldn't get any other card without really putting in answers that aren't me at all.

7. Detritus Lord

I was a little impressed when this gave me The Tower, which is a very good representation of myself in ways that go far beyond the description offered, but then I saw it gave Drakkul the Hirophant.

Fun and informative Fact: Dionysius is the Greek version of the Roman Jesus. Starting with Osiris in Egypt, the Greeks co-opted all of the Egyptian gods, then the Romans co-opted the Greek Gods. So Osiris > Dionysius > Jesus, all born Dec 25th to a Virgin and sacrificed for the salvation of man, and represented as The Devil because they preached a message of "Fuck it, let's have some fun." It is amazing how far lost that message is today, but if you think about it Jesus was really saying "Hey don't worry about the Sins of the past, I've got you covered. Let's just be cool." Theology is funny sometimes!

8. dantel Banned

Mystical Insights.

9. Gaunsaku Chill Dude

Interesting interpretation. While I understand where that line of thought comes from, I think it's dangerous to make such a concrete statement (ie, 'fact') about the relationship between Osiris, Dionysus, and Jesus just as it's dangerous to make the relationship between the Egyptian gods (which ones?) to the Greek gods (which ones?) to the Roman gods (which ones?). December 25th didn't even exist in the Egyptian calendar back when Osiris came into prominence after the Anubis cult. They all might share similar stories and associations, but the same could be said of all gods and pantheons throughout all mythologies of the world. Ra is like Zeus is like Brahma is like Izanagi is like YHVH etc etc. But they are not the same and strictly analogous in a 1-1 mapped relationship.

If you want to get into that, you have to consider the Egyptian history and the theory of monotheism in ancient Egypt as the precursor to the Hebrew religion and how all of that spread throughout the Mesopotamia and across the Mediteranian. While the subject of monotheism amongst the Egyptian pantheon (ie, all gods like Osiris, Isis, Seth, Horus, etc as manifestations of Ra/Amon-Ra) is hotly contested, it does provide an interesting theory on the spread of thought and the rise of the Jew cult. The conflict of mono and polytheism that began in Egypt most definitely spread to Greek culture and then the Romans.

Agree on the Jesus message, disagree on the whole 'Devil' thing cause that concept wasn't around at the time of Osiris and I don't feel Osiris was representative of that at all.

10. Detritus Lord

I agree with all that you've said (mostly, I prefer the Egyptologists who look to Nuit as the monotheistic Mega-Ultra Diety over Ra just because I don't have a lot of respect for Sun Worshipers), what I was offering was just a short and simple version of events without making Theologians of everyone.

I think you misunderstood my meaning... I meant "The Devil" as in the card. Jesus' message of "I'll die for your sins, it's all good now." has been, in my opinion, wildly misinterpreted by puritans. I think it is very much the same message of Pan, and "The Devil" card, which is to enjoy life and love to your fill.

This is a view I arrived at from a more historical perspective than most theologians are comfortable with though, being that I am entirely convinced that Jesus was the invention of Romans trying to reconcile the various disparate images of Osiris and Dionysus worshipped ~300CE. If there was ever really a Jesusish character he was much more likely running around 4,000 BCE and not 0 BCE. Historians had really gotten their shit together by 0 BCE, with many noted ones running around in the area, yet none of them ran into this guy? Christianity is more at odds with History teachers than Science teachers.

11. Verm Lord

The Hierophant was me, not Drak. Just FYI

12. Verm Lord

Christianity stole all its shit from Egypt and others. Also, on a quick note, just look at the hat the Pope's wear and compare to the ones that Pharaoh's and other people are depicted wearing in hieroglyphs, same shit.

Jesus - Horus
    Joseph - Osiris
    Mary - Isis

13. Detritus Lord

Drakkul got it too.

Oh yea, fits him to a tee...

14. Verm Lord

Hmm, maybe Drakk is such an angry prick he forgot hes a HEIRMOELEPHANT?

15. PaulO New Member

[​IMG]

You are The Lovers

Motive, power, and action, arising from Inspiration and Impulse.

The Lovers represents intuition and inspiration. Very often a choice needs to be made.

Originally, this card was called just LOVE. And that's actually more apt than "Lovers." Love follows in this sequence of growth and maturity. And, coming after the Emperor, who is about control, it is a radical change in perspective. LOVE is a force that makes you choose and decide for reasons you often can't understand; it makes you surrender control to a higher power. And that is what this card is all about. Finding something or someone who is so much a part of yourself, so perfectly attuned to you and you to them, that you cannot, dare not resist. This card indicates that the you have or will come across a person, career, challenge or thing that you will fall in love with. You will know instinctively that you must have this, even if it means diverging from your chosen path. No matter the difficulties, without it you will never be complete.

And no, I didn't pick Love anywhere. I did pick Passion.

16. Witacume Lord of the Scrubs

LOL this is very misinform. There was a bigger religion Christianity took its ideas from its called Judaism you might have heard of it.

17. Verm Lord

Uh learn your shit if your gonna comment on that. Sun worship was dated before Judaism. So silly little man who is misinformed here is a link for you to grasp some dates. http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_did_Judaism_first_begin

18. Gaunsaku Chill Dude

I'm with Detritus on this. Verm, are you implying Christianity has more basis in the Egyptians and Greek myths than it does in Judaism? Sun worship is universal across all myths and religions, surely you can give more reasoning to your thinking which most scholars would say is quite skewed.

A good start would be showing what aspects of the Egyptian mythos are so prominent in Christianity and then show how they are not found in Judaism. I'll let you ignore the old testament/new testament connection and all the monotheistic ideas and prophets and shit that judaism and christianity do have in common for the time being so that you might have greater success.

19. Verm Lord

Well first is if your discussing Christianity, it has stolen from all belief systems. As for sun worship is dated as far back as Sumerian. And another thing , is we were taught they were myths. They in fact were not. I like the word metaphor :) And what I am saying is Christianity is a fucking ripoff dupe. Also, where do you think the Greeks got the stories from as well as possibly the Egyptians. Sumeria perhaps.

As for the Horus Jesus breakdown:

EGYPTIAN MESSIAH—HORUS

BIBLICAL MESSIAH—JESUS
    1 Horus is the Father seen in the son.. Jesus said he was the way, the truth and the life.
    2 Horus claims to be the light of the world represented by the symbolic eye, the sign of salvation. Jesus stated that he is the light of the world.
    3 Horus said that he was the way, the truth, the life. Jesus said he was the way, the truth and the life.
    4 Horus was the plant, the shoot. Jesus says "I am the true vine."
    5 Horus says “It is I who traverse the heavens, I go round the Elysian Fields. Eternity has been assigned to me without end, Lo! I am heir to endless time and my attribute is eternity. Jesus says “I am come down from heaven, for this is the will of the Father, that everyone who beholdeth the Son and believeth in him should have eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day.
    6 Horus—I open the Tuat that I may drive away the darkness. Jesus says I am come a light unto the world.
    7 Horus says “I am equipped with thy words O Ra [Father in Heaven] and repeat them to those who are deprived of breath.” These were the words of the Father in heaven. Jesus says “The Father which sent me, he hath given me a command-ment, what I should say and what I should speak. Whatsoever I speak therefore even as the Father said unto me, so I speak. The word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father’s which sent me."
    8 Horus baptized with water by Anup. Jesus baptized with water by John the Baptist.
    9 Horus—Aan, the name of the divine scribe. Jesus—John the divine scribe.
    10 Horus born in Annu, the place of bread. Jesus Born in Bethlehem, the house of bread.
    11 Horus The good shepherd with the crook on his shoulders. Jesus The good shepherd with a lamb on his shoulders.
    12 Horus Seven on board the boat with him. Jesus Seven fishermen on board the boat with Jesus.
    13 Horus Depicted as the Lamb Jesus depicted as the lamb.
    14 Horus as the Lion. Jesus as the lion.
    15 Horus identified with the Tat or cross. Jesus identified with the cross.
    16 Horus of 12 years. Jesus of 12 years.
    17 Horus A man of 30 years. Jesus a man of 30 years at his baptism.
    18 Horus the KRST. Jesus the Christ.
    19 Horus the manifesting son of God. Jesus the manifesting son of God.
    20 Horus The trinity—Atum the Father, Horus the son, Ra the Holy Spirit. Jesus—God the Father, Jesus the son, and the Holy Spirit.
    21 Horus The first Horus as a child of the virgin, the second as son of Ra. Jesus as a child of the virgin, Christ as the son of the Father in heaven.
    22 Horus—Horus the sender and Set the destroyer in the harvest field. Jesus—Jesus the sender or the good seed, Satan the sender of tares.
    23 Horus carried off by Set to the summit of Mount Hetep. Jesus carried by Satan to an exceedingly high mountain.
    24 Horus and Set contending on the Mount. Jesus and Satan contending on the Mount.
    25 Horus—The star was the announcer of the child Horus. Jesus—The Star in the East indicated the birth-place of Jesus.
    26 Horus—the avenger. Jesus who brings the sword.
    27 Horus—as Iu-em-hetep comes with peace. Jesus—the bringer of peace.
    28 Horus—the afflicted one. Jesus—the afflicted one.
    29 Horus—as the type of life eternal. 30 Jesus—as the type of life eternal.
    30 Horus as Iu-em-hetep the child teacher in the temple. Jesus as the child teacher in the temple.
    31 Horus The mummy bandage was woven without seam. Jesus The vesture of the Christ was without seam.
    32 Horus As Har-Khutti has twelve followers. 32 Jesus has twelve disciples.
    33 Horus The revelation written down by divine scribe Aan (Tehuti). Jesus the Revelation written down by John the Divine.
    34 Horus—Aani bears witness to the word of Ra. Jesus—John bears witness to the word of God and testimony of Jesus Christ.
    35 Horus The secret mysteries revealed by That-Aan. Jesus The secret mysteries made known by John.
    36 Horus The morning star. Jesus The morning star.
    37 Horus Who gives the morning star to his followers. Jesus who gives the morning star to his followers.
    38 Horus The name of Ra on the head of the deceased. Jesus The name of the father written on the forehead.
    39 Horus The paradise of the Pole star—Am-Khemen. Jesus The Holy City lighted by one luminary that is neither the sun nor the moon.
    40 Horus Har-Seshu or servants of Horus. Jesus The servants of Jesus Christ.

MYTH OF HORUS, OSIRIS, ISIS AND SET

“Horus” was the name of two gods “Horus the Elder” and “Horus the Child”. Later they were regarded as one god.

Horus the Elder was represented either as a falcon or as a human with a falcon’s head. He was the sky god of Upper Egypt and brother of the gods Osiris, Isis and Set (the god of evil). Osiris and his wife Isis were the parents of Horus the Child. In the myth Set murdered Osiris, and Horus the Child later killed Set. (Cavendish 1980; Graves 1968)

In the myth the murder of Osiris happened this way: Set invited Osiris to a banquet and offered a gift of a wooden chest to anyone of the right size to fit exactly inside. The chest was designed to fit only Osiris. After Osiris was inside the chest was closed and set adrift and Osiris died.

Isis the wife later found the chest and posthumously conceived a son — Horus the Child — by Osiris. Set then found the body of Osiris and cut him into 14 pieces and scattered them throughout Egypt. Isis searched and found the pieces and, using magic, fitted them back together and in that way resurrected Osiris.

Horus the Child was then born and later took revenge against Set for his father’s (Osiris’) murder.

The story contains much more detail. But even the detail as given shows virtually nothing in common with the gospel accounts about God the Father, Jesus, the virgin birth and the resurrection

20. Dagnasti New Member

ok, you guys are dorking out. it's scaring me.

oh and, I agree with this:

"The Devil" card, which is to enjoy life and love to your fill"