which tarot card are you?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dagnasti, Jul 8, 2008.

1. Verm Lord

I posted it because I found it interesting, I wasn't trying to prove a point. And as for the whole argument of Jesus and Christianity. None of us fucking know..... We can argue it came from here or there, go through dates but its funny what it does do. It gets people to argue and disagree completely.

Also a quick note-

Ma'at = Conciousness

As for the Horus vs Set...... I found this story on the net that was fucking hilarious as fuck.

Conqueror of Set

During the overthrow of the hated Hyksos, foreign rulers over Egypt, Set became demonised by the nationalistic fervour, as he had been chosen by the Hyksos as their favourite god. The previous brief enmity between Set and Horus, in which Horus had ripped off one of Set's testicles, was revitalised as a tale representing the conquest over the Hyksos. Since by this time, Set was considered to have been gay, Set is depicted as trying to prove his dominance, by seducing Horus (with the line how lovely your backside is) and then having intercrural intercourse with him, in which Set takes the top role. However, Horus places his hand between his thighs and catches Set's semen, then subsequently cut the hand off, throwing it in the river, so that he may not be said to have been inseminated by Set.

Subsequently, Horus secretly masturbates, and deliberately spreads his own semen on some lettuce, which was Set's favourite food (the Egyptians thought that lettuce was phallic, since Egyptian lettuce was hard, long, and released a milk substance when rubbed). After Set has eaten the lettuce, they go to the gods to try to settle the argument over the rule of Egypt. The gods first listen to Set's claim of dominance over Horus, and call his semen forth, but it answers from the river, invalidating his claim. Then, the gods listen to Horus' claim of having dominated Set, and call his semen forth, and it answers from inside Set. In consequence, Horus is declared the ruler of Egypt.

2. Verm Lord

Glad you find it funny, but I laugh at your retarded beliefs to so I guess that makes us even.

3. Witacume Lord of the Scrubs

I guess it does :p

4. Detritus Lord

Srsly... He brings us to a good point though which none of us has hit on before; Egyptians lived in a Totalitarian Demigod Dictatorship. All of the scribes and artists were beholden to the Pharaoh and the Pharaoh was infinitely aware of his legacy so there was a lot of control over what was said. There was never a set in stone Religion of Ancient Egypt, it was very fluid and occasionally volatile; potentially changing drastically between dynasties to suit the specific interests of the current Pharaoh.

As for Wita's arguments against all of this, I don't want to be in the business of directly confronting anyone's beliefs (previously this was just an academic discussion). I like you too much, Wita, and will instead congratulate you on being a lot more open-minded than most.

5. Gaunsaku Chill Dude

Only one thing to say before I go to work -

That's exactly what the fuck I'm talking about. Complete and utter simplification of a concept as deep as any esoteric tradition. It's the equivalent of taking a kanji in japanese and saying 'This means X' and that's it. It's 100000000% wrong in that it's a part of a truth and not the whole truth, hence it's a complete lie.

Ma'at is an incredible concept, much greater than 'consciousness.' In buddhism it's like saying shiki is 'consciousness'.... which is an incredibly limited translation, so limited that it boggles my mind how someone with any sense can really boil down a concept so great into one tiny word... in English, none-the-less.

6. Verm Lord

So tell me then, what is greater than consciousness? Concepts? God forbid I don't want to type out a 2 page essay on a forum at 11 at night. Consciousness is everything bud. It's what dictates our complete physical reality, and realities beyond that. Yet its much greater than that.The fucking uinverse / galaxy / solar system / planets are a fucking consciousness. But ya, freak out because I put a simple word there to sum up what the fuck it is. Should I have said it in Japanese, would that have made you feel better? But please share your masterful esoteric meanings that aren't so limited.

7. Gaunsaku Chill Dude

Explain God in one word... a word other than 'God'.

That's what I mean.

8. Verm Lord

Me

I say we get a child board to General Discussion which we can discuss the vast topics out there that people don't usually talk about!

9. Drakkul Banned

God = man made fear system to control others or as I like to put it out there Fiction.
    Ill give you something to ponder look at say an area where there is a highway all the cars scurrying about then look at an Ant mound.
    God means nothing to me as ive researched the many civilizations over the years everyone had their concepts and it all makes sense why it was put into place. For 1 to believe in something and for other reasons power, control etc.

10. eisermann Guest

Another...

You are the Devil

11. Drakkul Banned

Fine im man im BOTH im the devil and im god makes sense.

12. Welly Inactive Elder

You are The Wheel of Fortune

Good fortune and happiness but sometimes a species of
    intoxication with success
    The Wheel of Fortune is all about big things, luck, change, fortune. Almost always good fortune. You are lucky in all things that you do and happy with the things that come to you. Be careful that success does not go to your head however. Sometimes luck can change.

I'm fuckin' Pat Sajak!

13. Valor Buffalo Rancher

Look through history, there has always been more blood spilled through religious crusades than over any other reason. Every maniac ruler has justified themselves through religion.

What is religion? Religion is a craft that was created to aid humans to understand the unexplainable. Prayer and meditation are the same thing. The physiological results from it are the same. When you focus yourself on one thing intensely, you in turn force yourself to realize the absolute truth about your situation or predicament enabling you to have "hidden insight". Sometimes this is considered an answer to prayer. Meditation produces the same results, enlightenment.

Is there a higher Deity? Maybe. Is any one religion right? Not likely. Do they all have some truthful answer to the question? Probably.

Are they all the same? No. Religion is a system of control. Controlling spiritual growth. When left in the abstract, a wonderful and supportive structure. When brought under strict rules and laws, a terrible force capable of great evil.

14. Valor Buffalo Rancher

[​IMG]

You are The Magician

Skill, wisdom, adaptation. Craft, cunning, depending on dignity.

Eleoquent and charismatic both verbally and in writing, you are clever, witty, inventive and persuasive.

The Magician is the male power of creation, creation by willpower and desire. In that ancient sense, it is the ability to make things so just by speaking them aloud. Reflecting this is the fact that the Magician is represented by Mercury. He represents the gift of tongues, a smooth talker, a salesman. Also clever with the slight of hand and a medicine man - either a real doctor or someone trying to sell you snake oil.

15. Valor Buffalo Rancher

I think that is fitting.

16. Dagnasti New Member

great card for the aoc gm :)

17. Drakkul Banned

Dag the kiss up .....

18. Dagnasti New Member

oh yeah , that's me.

jackass.