Who do we have these days that's good with graphics?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hades, Jun 29, 2006.

1. Hades Lord of the Dead

While we're keeping the new forums, we're not entirely sure we're sticking with Joomla as a site shell. We're looking at maybe using tinyportal.net as a forum/portal package. The biggest problem I see with using them right now is that there's few good themes, and I like to have a look that doesn't look like a billion other sites when possible.

Also the LotD site logo is getting sort of dated, and I'm in the mood for some new looks. Feel free to post any new logos you might want to see us consider.

2. Palebrew Inactive Elder

Even if you suck at graphics maybe give up some ideas on what you think would look good.

3. Sithral Member

I'm sick of black and red.

Let's do black and white.

4. Crispie Member

I personally like it as is:)

5. Valor Buffalo Rancher

First off, i am not really impressed with tinyportal...... second, do we want to vote whether the banner needs to be changed? or skip that step and just make new ones and vote on what people make.

Just thought

6. Hades Lord of the Dead

Tinyportal isn't a 100% gonna happen. The core of our site always revolves around our forums, and whatever CMS type system that allows us some nifty plugins. Tinyportal has another version in development, and there's other things that we'd want to see before making a final call on that.

As far as the logo, I'm up for people making shit and submitting it for review.

7. Palebrew Inactive Elder

LOL he said "vote". you dont get a vote, the leadership will decide what it likes ;D

8. toffee New Member

pink, yellow and light fluorescent blue!

9. Valor Buffalo Rancher

What if we added characters from each game to the sides/background of our currently existing logo? every game lotd has taken part in. And just as lotd joins new games they can add more characters.

Im talkin like Ghost Widow from CoV. A wow main character. A necromancer from Guild Wars.... and so on.

10. Palebrew Inactive Elder

Done to death already

11. Valor Buffalo Rancher

:( poo on my idea.

Alright, Im brainstorming, so cut me slack for bad ideas, but its still better than nothing at all.

What about a multitude of skeletons(animated kind of like the band Gorrilaz). In like granite or some sort of stone in the middle of the mass have Lords of the Dead. And for some added awsomeness have it animated to have blood actually flow down the banner like when you die in 007 video games covering everything except for the Lords of the Dead part. Then have the skeletons slowly reappear over the blood as it fades to black again.

Rinse repeat.

Huge Graphic, but worthy of the name