Why don't we show post count on the forums?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Brain Freeze, Jun 6, 2015.

1. Brain Freeze New Member

Seems to me when you have a rank system that is based around post count you get your forums more active. Like at 0 posts you are ranked "noob", 100 posts "contributor", 500 posts "loyal contributor", 1000 posts "LOTD ELITE", then after 1000 posts you could do like the same title but give it a different color every 1000 posts!

This is just an example of what could be done and I am sure there is a reason you took post count off the forums. Was just wondering why and it might actually bring a more active community into our chapter (Wildstar) because currently we don't have too many people starting topics, replying, and/or browsing (not sure about browsing but I know a lot of people don't read the announcements here!)

Post count is a fun system and so are forum trophy systems/prize systems where users can give each other rankings, gifts, trophy's for contests, and prizes for being loyal members.. even events like "most active", "most controversial" ... etc etc

So many possibilities is it something worth doing?

2. Evoex Maple Syrup & Dudes

There are very few forum ranks linked to post count. Most titles are via Chapter affiliation or Guild rank. Some of us have unique titles bestowed by the Guild GM/AGM for being bad as...or terrible.

In any case you can see post count by viewing a members profile (click on their name)

3. Philoctetes Crowfall Leadership

Personally I think things like post count, signature's, and anything that detracts from the content of a post is unnecessary and even counter productive. Heck check out the CF forums and all the people shit posting just to get their post count up.

I think what really drives forum activity is a) the quality of in-game guild management tools and b) the type / quality of posts here. Now this isn't to say that our members shit post all the time, quite the opposite in fact.

Now we are trying new things to drive user engagement. Tapatalk is now available for mobile users, and Peril is working on the front page.

4. perilX Administrator

5. Brain Freeze New Member

haha good luck is right! that is a very high post count to get on that list!

6. Cedwyn Banned

Who the fuck is Massively? Probably some gay AA member.

7. Hades Lord of the Dead

Valor is catching up on me!

8. Valor Buffalo Rancher

It would be easy to have admins reset that post count to allow some other member the opportunity to pop up at the bottom of the list

The only thing I've done since we landed on these forums is finally surpass half of your total post count. I don't think you've anything to worry about.